The Benefits of Tai Chi and Chi Kung
Chi and Chi Kung is not a craze or a fad. Tai Chi and Chi Kung has no religious element.
Tai Chi and Chi Kung is an Eastern approach to the health and wellbeing of the body and mind effectively proven and practised for over 200 years.
It has a whole person approach. Gentle physical exercises synchronised with the breath means the body starts to work in tune with the nervous system. Exertion and relaxation can be achieved simultaneously.
The process reduces muscular and nervous tension in the body, allowing the mind and emotions to become still and quiet.
In Tai Chi movement and Chi Kung breathing we learn how to get our body and mind into balance, how to keep it in balance, and what to do when you are out of balance.
With gentle regular practice you can develop your own programme for personal health and wellbeing. These techniques of fusing body exertion and mind relaxation simultaneously can be introduced into everyday life / work situations to reduce stress and promote wellbeing while managing and directing your energy on a daily basis.
- Heart, respiratory and nervous system conditions respond very well to Tai Chi movement and Chi Kung breathing as do back, neck and joint problems.
- Stress reduction.
- Equilibrium of body and mind.
- The ability to manage and direct your own energy.
- Tonify the bodies internal organ and gland systems.
- Activation and strengthening of the immune system and the body's natural ability to heal.
- Better balance, more integrated natural movement, clearer coordination, more relaxed body and nervous system, a more peaceful state of mind.
The Unique Qualities
- Tai Chi / Chi Kung is a health practice NOT medication.
- Tai Chi / Chi Kung is personal because each person works at their own pace with their own breathing pattern.
- It taps into your OWN resources of power, strength and vitality.
- It is practical - it can be practised anywhere - sitting standing, lying down, travelling, alone or in a group.
- Tai Chi / Chi Kung is absolutely safe (with a good teacher.) The physical movements are slow and gentle.
- Because it focuses on the body's NATURAL systems of movement and breath it needs no equipment.
- The synchronisation of movement and breath create a movement meditation whereby your concentration is totally absorbed.
- You become present in the moment.
- Tai Chi and Chi Kung are instructions of change. They give to anyone a positive experience in body and mind. Change from a state of tension to one of calm and relaxation.
- GO SLOWLY - BREATHE AND SMILE -
Enjoy the freedom, safety and tranquility of Via House. Please contact us to find out more!!