Your accommodation at Via House - a Scottish Rural Retreat in the Orkney Islands
Lying in the confluence of two great oceans, the Orkney Islands are renowned for spectacular beauty, ancient history and mystical sacred sites throughout the UK and the world.
Via House is located in the parish of Sandwick. Five miles from the fifteenth century fishing village of Stromness and twelve miles from the small city of Kirkwall. Set in 3.5 acres, Via House is nestled between the nearby UK World Heritage sites of Skara Brae, Ring of Brodgar, and Standing Stones of Stenness.
Via from the old Norn word 'vee-o' meaning a 'sacred place' has its own bronze age burial mound and is in alignment with the close by 'Stones of Via' and other significant sites. Via House, as an island rural retreat, emanates a secret charm that is indefinable and compelling.
Via House Features
- Two single rooms and two family rooms (a double and single bed).
- All bedrooms reflect the ambience of the four elements.
- Simple, elemental sensory garden with overlooking conservatory space.
- Spacious south-facing studio for courses and storytelling events.
- Library with original flagstone floor and open peat fire. Sit relaxing with an old Orkney book.
- Large adjacent bathroom with shower and Whirlpool bath.
- Second shower and toilet.
- Downstairs disabled toilet facility.
- Car parking for up to ten vehicles.
- No smoking policy.
- Open all year round.
Please note that mobile phones tend not to work at Via House whatever your network, so you have no choice but to get away from it all whilst you enjoy your stay here! Landline phone service available on request.
Enjoy the freedom, safety and tranquility of Via House. Please contact us to find out more!!